Xenograft Mouse Models
Confidently translate your pharmacological research from benchtop to bedside with patient-derived xenograft models.
Our team of scientists can help you select the right model for your application and perform a full in-vivo pharmacological response profile including evaluation of therapeutic response, cell behavior, and tumor metastasis. With a state-of-the-art barrier facility suitable for housing immunodeficient and severely immunocompromised animals on-site, we perform high-quality experiments and deliver data you can trust.
By leveraging our resources, expertise, and fully customizable study designs, you get the data you need to advance immunotherapies and transform the state of oncology treatments.
Increase your predictive ability with xenograft tumor models
Mouse xenografts models of cancer involve the transplantation of cell line-derived xenograft (CDX) or patient-derived xenograft (PDX) into immunodeficient or humanized mice. With these models, you create an environment for growing human cancer, monitoring its progress, and evaluating experimental treatments.
Advantages of using xenograft models
- Increase replicability with tumor genetic stability: PDX models allow for the propagation and expansion of patient tumors without significant genetic transformation of tumor cells over multiple murine generations.
- Mimic realistic tumor microenvironments: Within PDX models, patient tumor samples grow in physiologically-relevant tumor microenvironments that mimic the oxygen, nutrient, and hormone levels found in the patient’s primary tumor site.
- Explore patient-specific attributes: Implanted tumor tissue maintains the genetic and epigenetic abnormalities found in the patient.
- Accelerate therapeutic impact with higher predictive ability: Numerous studies have found PDX models exhibit similar responses to anti-cancer agents seen in the actual patient who provided the tumor sample.
Evaluate your immunotherapeutic agents and combination therapies with xenograft mouse models
Set your research up for success by leveraging our expertise and outsourcing your in vivo experiments. Test your immunotherapeutic agents and combination therapies in any of our human cell lines.
- Breast Cancer – MCF7 and MCF7-Luc2 Cells
- Colorectal Cancer – HCT-15 Cells
- Glioma – U87 MG
- Kidney Cancer – HEK293 Cells
- Liver (Hepatic) Cancer – HepG2 and HepG2-Luc Cells
- Lung Cancer – A549
- Ovarian Cancer – SK-OV-3
- Prostate Cancer – LNCaP Cells
Looking for something else? Contact us to learn more about other models or to discuss a custom solution.
Enhance your study findings with custom services and tools
Get the most out of your study by seamlessly integrating a range of services and additional analyses. Some of our services include:
- IVIS imaging
- Whole blood, spleen, and lymph node analysis
- Histology and IHC
- PK studies
- General observations
- Metabolic analyses
- Pain analysis
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Get in touch to discuss a custom solution.
Get the data you need with customized experiments and expert advice
Find specific models, collect custom data, and enjoy a fast turnaround time.
Flexibility and Customization
Unique research questions deserve unique study designs. That’s why we custom-tailor our models and experiments to fit your needs. By developing models for specific research objectives, we help you ask the tough questions and get the data you need to move forward with confidence.
Short Lead Times
Reach your discoveries sooner with industry-leading 4-7 week lead times. While larger CROs have wait times up to a year, our unique positioning gets you started quickly and delivers results faster.
Quality and Expertise
Our lean company has decades worth of experience in a wide range of research areas. This expertise starts at the top. Dr. Li, our Director of Oncology, managed the cancer in vivo model core facility at Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for over 8 years.
You deserve to know exactly what’s going on with your research. Melior’s open-door process ensures you’re never left in the dark. Our individualized approach cultivates a collaborative relationship among both clients and team members.
Data Highlight: Chemotherapy validation with Paclitaxel
Yes, we do offer PDX models. We are also able to assist clients with any tumor genotype that can be acquired through NCI.
Yes. We provide profiles directly from the cell line resource (ie ATCC). All information is readily available and will be provided to the client upon request.
Are mouse xenograft models right for you?
Xenograft mouse models require that a rodent be immunodeficient or severely immunocompromised so its body doesn’t reject the implanted human tumor. If you would like to explore treatment response in an intact immune system, you may want to consider our syngeneic models.
Explore our validated subcutaneous and orthotopic models or contact us for a custom solution.